Monday, November 24, 2008

15 Songs You Never Saw Coming

As I was going through my iTunes, these songs bubbled up for some reason. No real theme here, except that they’re all reasonably old and somewhat obscure (not unlike yours truly).

Billy Bragg - Jeanne

Chris Knox - A Song To Welcome The Onset Of Maturity

The Cramps - Green Door

Link Wray - Five And Ten

Mazzy Star - By My Angel

Bailter Space - Retro

Jack Waterson - I Could Be With You

Grant Hart - 2541

The Auteurs - Everything You Say Will Destroy You

Big Dipper - Ron Klaus Wrecked His House

Les Négresses Vertes - Les Yeux de Ton Père

Brian Eno & John Cale - Been There, Done That

Roxy Music - Over You

The Vaselines - You Think You're A Man

T.Rex - Mambo Sun

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I recognized some of these tracks - stellar deep cuts all - and it was a pleasure to discover the new ones. Especially Les Negresses Vertes which sounds like a French version of 80s era Dylan. I mean that in a good way.

- Eric