Friday, January 25, 2008

My Drug Hell

These guys have definitely never gotten the recognition they deserve. They put out their debut This is My Drug Hell back in 1996, which yielded a modest college radio hit with “Girl at the Bus Stop.” For an amazing record that was, in my opinion, one of the best of that year, they should have gotten a whole lot more attention.

Fast forward to 2008, and finally there is a follow-up due sometime this year – supposedly called My Drug Hell 2 – released by a rinky-dink label called Forthesakeofthesong. I’ve heard about half of the forthcoming release and it’s really great, picking right up with their strongly 60’s influenced sound.

Here are a couple tracks, the first off the new one, and the second is one of my favorites from their debut.

Mysteries of Love

Jinx's Hole

1 comment:

Forthesakeofthesong said...

As I dont know what rinky-dink means, I will forgive you for calling my label it! Dont know anything about blogging, but if you wanna contact me on forthesakeofthesong@hotmail.com we could talk about the new My Drug Hell release, I now have the master and we are ready to go, it will be out this autumn. It sounds amazing, and maybe you would like to post a new track from us in your blog?
Jenny